AVS Fiberglass Fabrics have great use versatility along with improved handling properties.
Greige (GR) and heat treated (HT) AVS Fiberglass Fabrics are available in foil/film laminated and rubber polymer coated forms. Intermittent thermal capability for the base fiberglass fabric is 1,000°F (538°C). If exposed to high temperature 600°F (315°C) to 1,000°F (538°C) for an extended period of time the fabric may become stiff and brittle.
A hydrocarbon (H) finish can be applied to Heat Treated (HT) fabrics to minimize dermatitis in handling of fabrics.
The maximum allowable continuous temperature limits for the
surface finish are provided below:
- Greige & HT - 900°F (482°C)
- H (Hydrocarbon) - 300°F (150°C)
- Aluminum Foil - 1,200°F (650°C)
- Silicone Red/Gray - 600°F (315°C)
- Salmon-Acrylic - 300°F (150°C)
- Orange-Acrylic - 300°F (150°C)
- Alum Mylar Film - 600°F (315°C)
- Hot Work Protection
- Protection from Weather Elements
- Gas and Liquid Impermeability Coverings
- Covering for Removable Insulations
- Safety Color Protection Systems
- Fabricated Curtains/Blankets
- Automotive Engine Heat Containment
- Vertical Spark Protection
Extensively used in the following Industries:
- Chemical Processing
- Petroleum Refineries
- Automotive Industry